Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, today is my birthday, many have referred to it as my "special" birthday. In many ways it is a special birthday because I have gone on to the next decade but I am not sad or depressed in the least about it. I am happy to get older and wiser, I really wouldn't want to stay 39 forever, especially since my husband is getting older every year too! I would say this "special" birthday is a lot easier than my last "special" birthday 10 years ago. Ten years ago I was happy and well adjusted in life but I had no prospects of a godly man to marry and no idea if I'd ever have children. So as I finish out this first day as a 40 year old woman I can honestly say I am happy and so glad I am where I am!

Now ask me if I spent my birthday the way I had planned and I'd have to say no. We were supposed to pack up the van this morning after breakfast and head south to IL to Randy's sister's for the weekend. While we were there we were going to go to Ikea so I could spend some Christmas and birthday money on this. Unfortunatly my little girl woke with a fever during the night and our plans had to be changed. Instead I spent most of the night up with her, was tired all day and realized I didn't have many groceries in the house since we were going to be gone so I had to go shopping today. Well, even though it didn't turn out as I had hoped I got to do what I love most and be a mommy to my sweet little girl and her very active brothers (who are sweeties too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment