Monday, February 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday





Well, if anything, maybe this blog will keep me accountable to doing weekly menu plans. They really help me with my sanity during the week and then when my kids ask constantly "what's for dinner?" I have an answer. Unless of course I change my mind! So here goes for this weeks menu.

Monday - Randy was sick yesterday so I'm going to skip my Mexican idea and go with something more simple like cheeseburgers, potatoes and corn. A little easier on the recovering stomach.
Tuesday - Stuffed Shells - I made these in Dec. and froze them. They are from a great cookbook called The Freezer Cooking Manual from the 30 Day Gourmet by Nancy Slagle. I first checked the book out from the library to try it and loved it so I got it for Christmas.
Wednesday - BBQ Beef in the crockpot. Veggies.
Thursday - Back to Mexican. Salsa chicken. This is soooo easy. Put 4-5 chicken breast in the crockpot. Add a jar of salsa, bag of frozen corn, can of black beans (drained) then cook all day on low. 15 minutes before you serve it chunk up a brick of cream cheese and add that. Serve over rice or noodles or whatever you like!
Friday - Homemade pizza
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - Soup and Sandwiches

For more Menu Plan ideas go to http://orgjunkie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment