Thursday, February 26, 2009

A New Recipe!

I have really enjoyed taking a break from cooking a lot this week but today I dove in and cooked lunch and supper. I thought I'd post the recipe for what we had for lunch. I had some bananas that weren't looking so good and I wasn't in the mood for banana bread so I went to allrecipes and typed in bananas and found this. So, I decided we'd have pancakes for lunch. Unfortunately we were out of chocolate chips but we still made them with the bananas and they were good! I tripled the recipe so we have some for leftovers. I also put one cup of whole wheat flour instead of all white to make it a little better for us!

I'm looking for a recipe for Homemade Enchilada Sauce so if you have one please share! I can't find it without msg in it!

I'm so glad I finally figured out the how to link too!

4 comments:

  1. I do have one that we have used quite a bit off and on. Not sure if it is typed up yet, but will try to email it to you later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark buys those dried chiles in the cellophane packages that they have here in AZ grocery stores. He boils them in water, sautees onions separately in a skillet, and after the chiles are softened, blends up the chiles, onions, and a good deal of the water used to boil the chiles. Then he adds some flour to thicken it. He would use cornstarch but for our little guy's corn allergy. So I think he uses millet flour instead. It turns out great, and has no msg in it. The only problem is, I don't picture your area selling those dried chiles. Maybe it could work with canned chiles, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think he uses about 3 whole chiles, and one or two onions. If my instructions are too vague for you, allrecipes.com is a great place to search for recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, yes, I am up much too late! I just realized you mentioned allrecipes in this very post. Better go to bed now!

    ReplyDelete