Saturday, February 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

In an attempt to support my last post of spending less each week on groceries, especially from WM I am creating my weekly menu from things I already have in the house. I do need to shop this week for fruit and milk but I want to use what I have before I buy more.

Sunday - Lunch - Beef Veggie soup, grilled cheese, Supper - pancakes. My family doesn't know it yet but I am going to slowly try to get them to eat pancakes with applesauce instead of syrup. I had one taker tonight and he loved it! Too much high fructose corn syrup!

Monday - We have a viewing to go to at suppertime and I am also babysitting all day for two other children so it will have to be leftovers tonight!

Tuesday - Beef Enchiladas (I already have all of these ingr. in the freezer and pantry!)

Wednesday - Homemade hot pockets and chimi's - Also from the freezer. It's time to use up all that good freezer cooking and have a cooking day to stock up again.

Thursday - Scrambled eggs and pork links

Friday - Steak, corn, potatoes and green veggie

Saturday - Leftover or freezer food again.

I know it will feel good to empty things out and start fresh again. I hope to also bake bread a couple of times this week as well as something for snacks, maybe granola bars. For more menu plan ideas check out orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patty! It's fun to know we are both doing the same thing at the same time (posting our links on MPM), even though we live so far away. Your menu sounds wonderful. I am mostly planning from food in our pantry & freezer as well.

    ReplyDelete